Saturday, April 15, 2017

Dr. Jeannie Constantinou. On the Resurrection of Christ, Part 1 / OrthoChristian.Com

Dr. Jeannie Constantinou. On the Resurrection of Christ, Part 1 / OrthoChristian.Com: So the professor asked the question: “Would you still be a Christian if the bones of Jesus were discovered?” I was stunned to hear virtually every other person in the class say such things as, “I would still be a Christian, my faith would not be shaken. My faith is strong enough to withstand such a thing”. Others said, “Jesus was a great teacher, it wouldn’t really affect my faith very much”. My jaw literally dropped as person after person expressed these kinds of sentiments, and I thought to myself, “If we don’t agree on the importance of the Resurrection, what do we have in common anymore?” This was my first introduction to the fact that many essentially Christian beliefs are simply not held in common.

No comments:

Orthodox Christmas in January?