Thursday, September 18, 2008

His Holiness Aram I visited Patriarch of Syrian Orthodox Church, His Holiness Ignatius Zakka I Iwas

His Holiness Aram I visited Patriarch of Syrian Orthodox Church, His Holiness Ignatius Zakka I Iwas in Damascus

Tuesday 9 September 2008

On 09 September 2008 evening His Holiness Aram I and the delegation visited Patriarch Zakka I Iwas in the Syrian Church’s summer residence. The Synod of Syrian Bishops is underway presently. Upon his arrival, His Holiness was received by the Patriarch and the Bishops.

Patriarch Zakka I warmly welcomed the Pontiff underlining the friendly relations between the two churches. The Patriarch recalled the Fellowship between the Coptic and Syrian Churches and the Catholicosate of Cilicia, set up by the efforts of His Holiness Aram I 12 years ago.

Making a brief overview of the relations between the Armenian and Syrian Churches, His Holiness Aram I said: “Our two churches have had the same theological approach and have together against all external heretical movements. We must further strengthen our cooperation in a world in which we are facing many challenges patching the daily life of our communities. He called upon the Bishops to continue the strong cooperation between the two churches with the same spirit particularly at the level of the Dioceses.

The meeting was followed by a reception during which Syrian Bishops asked His Holiness questions about theological and ecumenical issues

Source: Armenian Orthodox Church


source: http://socmnet.org/Aram_Zakka_09sept08.htm


No comments:

Orthodox Christmas in January?