Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Today doth Gabriel make announcement to her...

A VIDEO: Have mercy on me, 0 God, according to Thy Great Mercy; and according to the multitude of Thy compassions blot out my transgression.
Today doth Gabriel make announcement to her who is full of grace saying;
Rejoice 0 groomless and unwedded maiden. Let not my strange appearance dazzle thee nor be dismayed at me; for I am the Archangel. Verily, the serpent did deceive Eve of old, and now I bring thee glad tidings of joy. Thou shalt remain without corruption, and shalt give birth to the Lord, 0 pure one.

*Fr Panteleimon (1936-1992) was known as "ἡ καλλικέλαδος ἀηδών" (the sweet-voiced nightingale) of Mount Athos. He was a hieromonk at the Ayia Anna Skete (Ayiannanites).

Fr Panteleimon the sweet-voiced, pray to God for us.

No comments:

Orthodox Christmas in January?